Friday, February 28, 2014

Bali to Bangkok, Part 4

Bali to Bangkok continues (Read Part 1Part 2Part 3)...
I quickly take up my bags, scurry out of the office, down the stairs, cross the lines of people, find counter number K14 walk up, and present my ticket. I ask the attendant if I can get on standby, she looks at the computer and says, “Yes, please check your bag here and you have 15 minutes to get to gate B6 before boarding.” Off I went in a dead run. Security check. Off with the shoes, belt, watch, cell phone… next they will ask to remove the fillings in your teeth. Scanned and screened, I recapture all my stuff and resume my fast pace to B6. As luck would have it, it is another seeming mile away.
Bali to Bangkok by Robert Varney XplorMor Inc
Bali to Bangkok by Robert Varney
Running between horizontal escalators past the boutique shops selling bags and watches and duty free items I go. Alas, panting and out of breath I arrive just as they are announcing my boarding number and I slide into the plane and find my seat. I try to rest and gather my wits during the 1 ½ hour flight. We land. I disembark, gather the bags, find a taxi stand, buy a ticket to Karon Beach, wait forever for the taxi, jump in paying too much as this is not a time to try and bargain (it’s now close to midnight), and sit back in the cab gathering my breath once again. What is often as much as a two hour ride is cut in half due to the absence of any traffic at this hour; the streets are wide open and we make record time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comment! Happy, safe travels....
XplorMor Team