Saturday, September 13, 2014

Packing My Hiking Kit

Let me tell you about my gear, clothing, and food from my recent 7 day section hike from Tuolumne Meadows to Sonora Pass in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California, USA. First, I firmly believe in "Hike Your Own Hike" (HYOH) – my way is not the right way, it is just my way. If yours is different, that is all good. As an example, I like to be organized. Everything fits in a stuff sack and then goes in the pack. I know then, if I need my toilet then I grab the red stuff sack, my kitchen – the blue sack, and so on. Others will just cram the tent in, the sleeping bag in, their clothes in, wherever they fit. HYOH.

Packing your kit, packing a hiking kit, xplorer journal, xplormor, hiking kit, terkking kit, trail kit, Wythe's kit

This trip covered 75 miles, at elevation of 8,500 to 10,800 feet, there was no resupply, and temps ranged from low 70s F in the day to 32 F at night. Packing my hiking kit efficiently was essential. Working clockwise from left, you can see my GoLite Quest backpack... Continue reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comment! Happy, safe travels....
XplorMor Team