Friday, February 7, 2014

Bali to Bangkok, Part 2

Bali to Bangkok continues (Read Part 1)...
The flight takes more time than flying from L.A. to N.Y.C. I gain an hour and still arrive at 7:30 in the evening. Then, Immigration. After walking what seems to be a mile of corridors I get to the entry area that leads up to the Immigration queues. A sea of people clustered in an unorganized mass leading to the ill-defined roped off areas that begin to define that which will  become the endless zigzag lines leading to the openings that allows you to stand before the Immigration officer and get your visa on arrival and pass on to the baggage claim. Phew. Exhausted just thinking about it. I am looking at hours of wasted time only to get to the point to where I can get my bag. Then off to begin inquiring about any hope I may have of an existing flight to Phuket. Even if I am able to book something for the next day, it will still take a lot of time just to find out.
Southeast Asia Exploration XplorMor Inc
Bali to Bangkok by Robert Varney
As I pondered my dilemma while facing this sea of people. I noticed a few people slipping off to the right of everyone and seeming to find some other way. So I decided to investigate. I slid up along the right side of all these people and came to the where I had seen people disappear. What I found was a line for non-foreigners. This was for the Thai people only. Dead end. I looked back to where I had just come and to my great regret, hundreds more people had joined the line! Then I got an idea that it came as a question. The question was, “how can I cut in line and not incur the wrath of several hundred people. I stood there looking at the hundreds of faces that stood trance like inching along slowly defining what was to become a portal to Thailand. l stood there looking across all these faces and all this mixed group of race and nationalities. Every known ethnic origin clustered for one common purpose. Enter Thailand. Many even more exhausted than I. One person stood out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comment! Happy, safe travels....
XplorMor Team